The SEO Specialist analyzes, reviews, and implements changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines. The SEO Specialist implements actionable strategies that will improve site visibility.
- Exempt Status Qualifications. The SEO Specialist position has Exemption Applicability under the Salary Basis Test and Computer Professional provisions of applicable FLSA regulations. This position exceeds the minimum salary requirements for exemption and is involved in design or application of computers and related systems.
Curious Jane Conformance Statements
All Curious Jane employees are expected to conform to the following Core Values, regardless of position:
- Expect Excellence by making customers priority #1, meeting deadlines, and always presenting a positive and collaborative approach to our work.
- Carry the Ball by taking ownership of goals and tasks while seeing every project to completion. Anticipate and identify problems and solutions, follow through and communicate clearly and efficiently. Every employee is empowered.
- Commit to Growth by developing professionally and evolving with the company and the times. Be innovative and seize opportunities while helping clients grow their businesses and contribute to their bottom line. Plan for the future.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with SEO team and leadership to support ongoing campaigns and projects.
- Handle day-to-day account management for Curious Jane SEO clients.
- Communicate with account management team to provide solutions to SEO-related questions and concerns.
- Coordinate and manage reputation management platform and training of clients and/or account management on platform.
- Research and implement Search Engine Optimization tactics based on current best practices.
- Maintain client web analytics implementations and providing regular reporting to account management and department leadership.
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or data science
- Basic knowledge of WordPress (PHP), HTML, CSS
- Experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager and Schema Markup
- Basic knowledge of SEO landscape and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills specifically when presented with a question from clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills via email, phone and in person.
- Strong attention to detail, have great multitasking abilities and be very organized
- Genuine interest in supporting a client’s needs to improve their organic reach
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- A willingness to learn software like ScreamingFrog, Moz, SEMRush, Yoast and others
- A passion for learning and keeping up with trends and best practices
Reports directly to the Director of Digital & Web.
Work Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multiple tasking environment with frequent disruptions;
- The position requires some lifting and filing of documents;
- Sensitive records will routinely be handled and/or observed in this position;
- Occasional attendance after normal working hours will be required.