The Email Marketing Specialist oversees all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including market research, content creation and the dissemination of copy. As an email marketing specialist, you will also be required to collaborate with coworkers across departments to ensure maximum uptake of leads generated. A successful email marketing specialist demonstrates the ability to create accessible, engaging and memorable texts. Ultimately, an effective email marketing specialist will remain abreast of technological developments that facilitate the dissemination and monitoring of campaign features.
- Exempt Status Qualifications The Email Marketing Specialist position has Exemption Applicability under the Salary Basis Test and Computer Professional provisions of applicable FLSA regulations. This position exceeds the minimum salary requirements for exemption and is involved in design or application of computers and related systems.
Curious Jane Conformance Statements
All Curious Jane employees are expected to conform to the following Core Values, regardless of position:
- Expect Excellence by making customers priority #1, meeting deadlines, and always presenting a positive and collaborative approach to our work.
- Carry the Ball by taking ownership of goals and tasks while seeing every project to completion. Anticipate and identify problems and solutions, follow through and communicate clearly and efficiently. Every employee is empowered.
- Commit to Growth by developing professionally and evolving with the company and the times. Be innovative and seize opportunities while helping clients grow their businesses and contribute to their bottom line. Plan for the future.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer and prospect behaviors
- Conceptualizing marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele
- Perform day-to-day email production activities including, but not limited to, email campaign development, testing, tagging, scheduling, deployment and monitoring of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic email campaigns
- Work with 3rd party service providers to deploy on behalf of our clients
- Develop HTML emails using HTML, CSS, media queries
- Perform and adhere to quality assurance processes and standards
- Coordinate with campaign managers and design resources to procure creative assets
- Partner closely with in-house designers, provide counsel on best practices for email layouts and formatting
- Design, code, test, debug, and document projects according to the functional requirements
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications.
- Create best-practices standards and documentation
- 3-5 years’ experience developing responsive emails
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Experience using, building, and maintaining nurture campaigns in a marketing automation platform
- Knowledge of email subscriber list best practices for CCPA is a plus
- Highly proficient with email QA and debugging processes
- Experience with using Photoshop for slicing design for code
- Familiar with mobile first code
- Up to date with email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to deliver on tight deadlines, including the willingness to work extended hours to ensure that projects are completed, as needed
Reports directly to the Director of Digital & Web
Work Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multiple tasking environment with frequent disruptions;
- The position requires some lifting and filing of documents;
- Sensitive records will routinely be handled and/or observed in this position;
- Occasional attendance after normal working hours will be required.